Thursday, November 13, 2008

Help! I've fallen off the treadmill and I can't get up!

"We're here to Pump (clap)... you up!" -Hans & Franz



If only this was true!






My new "workout" outfit ( j.k.)




Pumpin' iron












So, last night I went to workout and I really worked up a sweat! I think that was the most I've ever remembered really exercising. I think that when you're young and you have a higher metabolism you don't realize how lucky you are. After staying home and being around a refrigerator all day or taking naps and not getting any exercise really packed on the pounds. Not to mention having four children also. I've struggled with depression and tried therapy and anti-depressants. I feel that working out is the best thing for me. I feel good about myself knowing that I am in control of my results. I still struggle with my appetite but something has got to change. I love knowing that I can go to the gym and make progress day by day. It feels like a door has been opened up for me. Like a gym membership is a new invention and I am taking part in a study. I feel out of touch and sometimes self conscious when everyone there knows how to set their machines and I have to figure out what setting to use. I am huffing and puffing and sweat is running down my forehead. Hey, it's gotta be working right? At first, I felt nervous to go because there was 6 or 7 younger guys (20ish) in there. But the last two nights I went there were more women and it wasn't like a Bally's commercial where everyone had "hard" bodies and skimpy clothing. (Whew! glad I was the only one! hee hee!! ) By nine 'o clock there was only me and one other guy who was running (-yes running) on the treadmill while I was struggling to walk. Geesh! After he left I was able to check out all the other equipment without looking like a dork and see what I was going to try the next night. I think I will work on my abs and chest along with some cycling. I usually go for about an hour to an hour and -a- half but I think it's pretty good for just starting. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, I am rooting for ya!!

Lori said...

Thank you, I need all the help I can get!! :)