
Last night I went to Advent by Candlelight at our church. It is an event where the hostess sets up a beautiful place setting for their guests with a their finest tablewear, candles, a special dessert, and an ornament to take home. There is only candlelight to light the room and there were about 10 tables set up. The hostess serves you dessert, coffee or hot cider (mmm...) The choir sings and there are readings and bible verses around the theme " Anticipating His Presence". It is a wonderful way to begin Advent because so much gets lost in the hustle and bustle of the season. Next year I hope to be the hostess and invite my friends and family to share in this tradition.


2 comments:
The Advent sounds great, I wish our church did that...I also am glad we don't have snow here for snow days *wink*!!
I have to say, the one thing I miss about living in Ohio is the snow days. You don't get them nearly as often in Maryland.
Post a Comment