Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Name is Zoom birthday song



As a kid we always played this song for birthdays. Since then I have lost my beloved "Zoom" song but I found the lyrics and a picture of what the cover looked like. I am not sure if anyone out there has heard of this before but it brought back special memories. It was a paper thin plastic record and since then they have found a way to bring back the ol' song on CD or MP3 HERE





Lyrics to "My Name is Zoom"




Space command to Zoom
All systems are go for your message to Lori!

Hey, Lori!
It's your birthday!
I'm in charge of the stars
And I'm here to say,
'cause Lori,
You're the BIG STAR today!

My name is Zoom
And I live on the moon
But I came down to earth
Just to sing you this tune
Hey, Lori,
It's your birthday today!

A present for you
I wanted to find
An outerspace creature
A one of a kind!
A wild whop or a kukelchoo,
An apple drop or a buzzardstew
Or maybe a 3-eyed tickleshay
For your birthday

Did you ask:
"uh, what's a kukelchoo?"
Well, up on the moon it's nothing new
But that won't do for you,
On your birthday!

I searched behind the clouds and stars
I even zoomed my bike to Mars
And met my friend the saucer man
And he said:
"Hey Zoom I got the bestest plan!
What your friend needs is something new,
So how about a song, just from YOU?"

And so tonight when you're in bed
I'll be singing to you as I zoom overhead
Singing, Lori! Happy Birthday
Singing, Lori! Happy Birthday
Singing, Lori Happy Birthday

To you!

Happy Birthday, Lori!
See you next year!

11 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Lori I love it! I so miss my little record player and all my records. Brings back some great memories. So does this song that is playing right now Rock me Tonite! I so need to pull out my dads old lp's.

Laura said...

OMG I had that record!! love it- Happy Birthday.

Ok weird this is the song my cousin tried to paint his eyes blue to. FUNNY. It's one of my first memories of him and everyone screaming and running around. Haha. Thanks for the laugh. Laura-sits girl

Anonymous said...

My parents played that one for me when I was a kid I am trying to find a way to download it. My son's birthday is 2/24/08

Lori said...

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow too!

Pam said...

The zoom song was a big part of my growing up!! My brother, sister and I all loved it and memorized every word! Today, we still know all the words and are the first to wish each other happy bday by singing the zoom song. Now our own kids and friends kids request it on their birthdays. Kids just seem to love it!

Anonymous said...

My mother still has our zoom cassetts and plays them on the phone to my brother and I on our birthdays

Lori said...

Cool! :)

Anonymous said...

My four kids are adult now and they still hear it every birthday. Looking for cassett for grandboy. Some memories last forever,

Anonymous said...

I had the paper thin record. My mother used to play it for me every year. Then my brother came along and we got him one of course they had cassettes by then. Every year for the past 20 years that I can remember we sing that song to each other. My brother's birthday is today and I called and sang it to him. I still have my record but of course no way to play it. I got curious if this was even still around and was very excited to find out that you can order the CD's now!!! We plan on getting them so we can play them and sing along every year instead of free styling it =)

Dawn said...

Thanks for posting this for all to see. My sisters were trying to remember the words to this silly birthday song, we had on the black plastic record growing up, and now that I found them we will have the tradition back of singing this song to each other. I'm thinking about ordering this for my kids. I used to try and sing some of it for their birthdays, but never could remember all the words!! Also my name is Dawn and I love the fact that the record has my name on it!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember this song too. My son just turned one and I'm trying to remember the lyrics.